Tuesday, March 21, 2006

UniS Writers

Felt like a bear with constipation today when I first walked into the office, but tried to remember I knew I'd feel like that - and after a while it wasn't so bad. Managed, in spite of all my doubts, to get almost up to date with the meetings I have over the next week and which have been left pending over the last week. And not as many emails as I'd feared either.

Lunchtime was our UniS Writers' meeting - not as many there this time, but we had good discussions about the work produced and people's current projects. Also played one writing game which went down well and resulted in an astonishing range of high-quality work. It's amazing what you can come up with in just five minutes - which just goes to show that you don't need much time to pen a paragraph or two. After the meeting, a couple of us with websites/blogs emailed them round to the group - it will be nice to share more of that sort of information, so we can keep up with any news as and when it occurs, rather than waiting for the next month's meeting.

It's Guildford Writers (http://www.guildfordwriters.net) tonight, and I've decided to take my comic SF story, which I've done for the next Writers' News (http://www.writersnews.co.uk) competition - first time I've done SF, so it'll be interesting to get comments. Feel quite happy about how my writing is going at the moment - hope that feeling continues, as it's hell when it doesn't.

Anne Brooke
http://www.annebrooke.com

No comments: