Sunday, May 21, 2006

Easter 6

Lord H did church/sacristan duties for me today, as our visiting priest was one I can't stand. And yes, I know that's not very Christian (whatever that means ...) but it's human. Live with it. Worse, the same guy is doing our next 8am service in a few weeks' time, so I'll have to persuade our Lay Reader to do my duties for me then, I think. I can't possibly ask Lord H to get up so early - it would be cruel.

Spent the morning catching up on my monthly round of writing competition entries, and remembered to add a flyer for "Pink Champagne and Apple Juice" into them all - well, one can always hope - then watched the video of "Hannibal" which I recorded last week. Quite interesting actually. Later on, I'm hoping to catch up with "Dr Who", having missed it yesterday. Talking of which, yesterday's murder mystery event (half play/half clue discussion) wasn't all that great. Very creaky indeed, to be honest. Lord H and I could do a better script with our hands tied together and our pens removed. And my goodness, the folk in Dunsfold are strange. I don't think I'll be rushing to see another performance. I would rather have watched "Eurovision", which at least has Terry Wogan in it to keep the sanity levels up. Loved the wild rock Finnish entry though - what a welcome change from our normal Eurovision pap winner.

And "Invasion" tonight - the tension is mounting.

Oh, and today's haiku is

Your hands soothe my feet
to silence and green meadows.
Hear the rivers play.

Anne Brooke
http://www.annebrooke.com
http://www.goldenford.co.uk

No comments: