Monday, September 04, 2006

A present of crystals

The usual agony of Monday morning arrived too soon - as ever. It was a real struggle getting to lunch time (after noon, somehow it's as if a weight is lifted from my shoulders), but then I suppose it is my first Monday back at work since being on holiday. The payback from bank holidays indeed ...

Had a lovely walk round campus at lunch, and sat for a while near the lake admiring the ducks and moorhens. It's nice to stop and do something without purpose once in a while. During the afternoon, Julia popped in and kindly gave me a present of three crystals - one green, one red and green, and the third a shiny slate grey. They're really lovely - so thank you, Julia! All together, they're supposed to help me be centred, balanced, in tune with the real me and calm. Which sounds great! As per instructions, I washed them when I got in and am keeping them in my handbag, to see how things go. I should be a new woman the next time a Monday turns up - here's hoping ...!

Not much happened this evening - except I tackled the recycling and put it out for collection tomorrow. I am now the recycling queen of the house. And, later, it'll be the second part of "Dalziel and Pascoe" - I was gripped by Part One last night, so am hoping for a rip-roaring conclusion.

Today's three nice things:

1. Getting to the end of Monday
2. The three lovely crystals
3. Dalziel and Pascoe.

Anne Brooke
http://www.annebrooke.com
http://www.goldenford.co.uk

No comments: