Sunday, September 24, 2006

Coming down with a cold

Decided to skip church today - they're resurrecting some old bishop to take the service who is probably a saint but should no doubt have been put out to pasture some time ago, and to cap it all they've got a confirmation as well. Frankly I can't be arsed. Besides, I'm coming down with a cold and not feeling so good, so a morning off is well overdue. So, instead, I chatted to the neighbour and sorted the cars out, and then Lord H and I had lunch at The Stag at Eashing. Good pub and great food, though the service is a little on the slow side of slow. That's the country for you ...

Some good news on the booksales front - Gary from Independent Authors (http://www.independentauthors.co.uk) has sold a copy of "Pink Champagne and Apple Juice" for me, so I've broken my duck for September. Huge thanks, Gary - you're a star!

This afternoon, I lazed around watching "Star Trek" and last week's video of "Ancient Rome". Looks like Nero was all fine and dandy until he went insane. Though no doubt the same could be said of any of us. Still, he carried a certain pizzazz with it all, which I warmed to. Tonight, I'll watch "Midsomer Murders" and video the first part of "Jane Eyre". I take style over substance any day.

This week's haiku:

A Reader's Life:
Poems for breakfast,
novels in the lunchtime lull,
short stories at night.

Today's nice things:

1. Not going to church
2. Lunch out
3. Selling a copy of "Pink Champagne and Apple Juice".

Anne Brooke
http://www.annebrooke.com
http://www.goldenford.co.uk

No comments: