Thursday, September 21, 2006

Competition entry day

A late start to the morning, but eventually got down to doing my monthly competition entries. Have given up on short stories entirely now, but am still keeping up with the poetry round. I seem to do better there, in general. It took me ages to get together a haiku collection for the Snapshot Press competition, but the rest of it was fairly straightforward.

So a late lunch and then I squeezed in some more of "The Gifting" and popped in to see Gladys. This week she's happy but frail. Apparently she'd been thinking of me and then, scarily, I turned up. Good talent - I told her she ought to be thinking of nubile young men and see if it has the same effect. If she could bottle that skill, she'd make a fortune!

Tonight, Lord H and I are out at the theatre in Guildford to see "Orestes". Not many jokes there then. And terrible news about Richard Hammond of "Top Gear" - he's had a dreadful accident and is now seriously ill in hospital. I was really upset when I heard this morning - he's seems a genuinely nice guy. I hope and pray he'll be all right. Life's so bloody fragile.

Today's nice things:

1. The theatre trip
2. Getting my first haiku collection together, funnily enough.

Anne Brooke
http://www.annebrooke.com
http://www.goldenford.co.uk

No comments: