Sunday, September 10, 2006

Antiques shopping

No church today, as Sue promised to cover the 8am service - hurrah! - and it looks like she'll be covering sacristan duties until Christmas when it's apparently hoped to get a part-time verger to do the setting-up etc. It's good not to have the responsibility any more, although I've said I can do the stuff if there's a gap. I'm sure Sue and I can play it by ear and as it comes (double cliche moment - hurrah again!).

So, this morning, Lord H and I did some antiques browsing in the Farnham shops - some lovely bedside cabinets, but the ones we really liked were about £800, so rather out of our price range. Still, as we've been searching for bedside cabinets for 13 years, we can look a little longer ... maybe it will be a retirement present for ourselves.

A late lunch, and I slobbed in front of "Crocodile Dundee" this afternoon - great stuff, with a fantastically satisfying ending. Love it. This evening is more TV heaven - thank the Lord for crime dramas, but it's annoying that "Dalziel and Pascoe" is on opposite "Midsomer Murders". Looks like "MM" will be for the video again. And talking of TV, I am now seriously hooked on "How do You Solve a Problem like Maria?". Go, Connie, go! - I soooo hope you get it, gal, though I do have a soft spot for back-from-the-bottom-again Helena. Surely all this must count as research? Hmm ... Though, hell, why not? I work like a trooper normally. It's good to relax.

Lord H and I were talking about politics recently (strangely!) and he commented that the more the weeks go by, the more Blair is becoming something like Miss Haversham. I can just see him in 10 years' time, still hanging onto his dreams and surrounded by the trappings of power from years gone by. Now there's an idea for a story ...

This week's haiku:

Your sliced tomatoes
a row of Tiller Girls.
I know where your mind is.

Today's three nice things:

1. A lazy morning
2. "Crocodile Dundee"
3. A lazy evening.

Anne Brooke
http://www.annebrooke.com
http://www.goldenford.co.uk

No comments: