Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Meetings, dance and ooh more totty

Back to the grindstone today. That’s the trouble with having a day off in the middle of my working week – it makes going back deeply confusing. And it’s as if I’ve never been away – we’re still in meeting muddle and I am juggling minutes, bids and yet more meetings with increasingly desperate intensity. I really have no idea what’s supposed to be happening and I’m not convinced anyone else does either. Sigh. Even those who might – if I shine a light in their eyes – have some inkling of what’s going on have fled to the hills. Ah well. We struggle on.

This lunchtime I am also confused: am I supposed to be going to scary Pilates, or am I having lunch with Julia? I really don’t know. I’d prefer lunch with Julia by far, to be honest, but I can’t get hold of her. If she too has vanished, I’m not sure I have the emotional energy for Pilates. I might just wimp out anyway and wait for the Beginners’ class to start next week. I’m not sure I can face the humiliation otherwise. UPDATE: In the end, I went for a walk round the campus, and popped into the photographic exhibition on the way, which was very relaxing. Honestly, I’d forgotten how much I love just walking round the place by myself with no need to talk to anyone, as it’s ages since I had the chance. It’s bliss. I swear I can feel myself unfolding by the second. Also lovely to see the daffodil shoots already out and to sit by the lake and stare at the birds for a while.

This afternoon, I have yet another meeting – oh joy! This time, it’s the Nursery Group, so at least they’re less spaced-out, and I have some chance of knowing what they’re talking about. I swear I am slowly drowning in unwritten minutes and eventually they will destroy me entirely. Still, I did know January was going to be touch, work-wise – I just hadn’t realised quite how tough.

Tonight, it’s Scottish Country Dancing – hurrah! – and then – double hurrahs! – the joys of “Torchwood” and yet more hot totty. Thank goodness for something to look forward to, eh.

Today’s nice things:

1. The lunchtime walk
2. Dance
3. Torchwood.

Anne Brooke
Anne's website
Goldenford Publishers

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ah, yes, Torchwood. More opportunities to drool over the divine John Barrowman. I was lucky enough to be in the third row at the panto last Sunday, where I was close enough to inspect his chest hair (well, almost). He's slightly shorter in real life, but it really ought to be illegal for a man to be that handsome...

Anne Brooke said...

Must admit to not finding JB that sexy though he is classically handsome! I prefer Ianto or the new Captain John!

:))

A
xxx

Emma K-F said...

Given the choice between the two Captains, I'd say Captain John (aka Buffy and Angel's 'Spike') all the way! There's just something about John Barrowman that creeps me out a little - sorry! :-)

Anyway, hope you enjoyed watching!

Emma x

Anne Brooke said...

True, Emma - and I certainly did!

Hugs

A
xxx