Monday, November 13, 2006

Packing and napping

A day when nowt much has happened, though I did get stuck into my latest Susan Hill book - "The Pure in Heart". I do love the Simon Serrailler series - they're absolutely hot! Which is funny as I haven't actually enjoyed any other Susan Hill stuff (I thought the one about the second Mrs de Winter was inordinately dull, redeemed only by a superb last paragraph - much like Wagner really ...). Still, the Serrailler series is good and I can only recommend it. Can't wait till the next one's in paperback. Good character studies (though Simon himself is a tad on the stiff side of stiff) and lots of page-turning tension.

Apart from that, I've packed for a few days away in rainy (yes, I've looked at the bloody weather forecast - big groan ...) Derbyshire and did a hell of a lot of napping. This evening, Lord H is at theology class, and I need to wash up, do the recycling and add at least a few more words to the story of Simon's (my Simon, not Ms Hill's!) mother in "The Gifting".

Today's nice things:

1. Napping
2. Reading.

Anne Brooke
http://www.annebrooke.com
http://www.goldenford.co.uk

No comments: