Friday, October 06, 2006

Writing

Did more to "The Gifting" today - and I think I may have got over one of the "humps" in the plot I've been worried about. Thank goodness. It does spark off other potential problems, but at least I've gone part-way to surmounting it. And 65,000 words now, so that's good news. I'm aiming for 120,000, I think, as fantasy novels are always longer. So they say.

Should have gone golfing with Marian in the middle of the day, but torrential rain stopped play. So I stumbled on with "The Gifting" for a while, but I'm stopping now to laze around and watch TV. Hell, I have to get my ideas from somewhere.

Still no news on a publication date for "A Dangerous Man", but I know Flame (http://www.flamebooks.com) must be bloody busy with everything right now, so I'll just have to be patient. If I've learnt any damn thing over the years in this game, it should be patience - but still it doesn't come easily. Ah well. At least I've not been feeling quite as depressed recently as I've grown accustomed to feeling. Which is something of a relief, though I'm not sure how long this "light zone" will last, to be honest.

Oh, and last night's ballet - "The Three Musketeers" as performed by Northern Ballet Theatre - was absolutely stunning. The first few minutes of the Prologue might have been a tad on the camp side of camp, but once they got started, it was bloody marvellous. Great and very exciting dancing, great characters and wonderful swordfights/scene choreography. If you get the chance to see it, then do!

Today's nice things:

1. Writing
2. Not feeling quite so depressed
3. Yesterday's ballet.

Anne Brooke
http://www.annebrooke.com
http://www.goldenford.co.uk

No comments: