Saturday, March 04, 2006

Arms and the Man

Today I made a cake - as part of our Lent creativity focus. I decided I probably did enough writing and such like, so a more practical outlet would be better. It's the first cake I've made in years and I had to ring up Mother to get the recipe. The embarrassment! Thought I'd start off with a simple Victoria sandwich with jam and icing sugar - and goodness me it worked! And it wasn't as horrendous as I thought it would be either. It's certainly pleased Lord H, and that can only be a good thing.

Also this morning Lord H very kindly put the Goldenford (http://www.goldenford.co.uk) logos onto the "Pink Champagne and Apple Juice" covers, together with the price - £8.99, though I shall sell it directly for £7.00. Now we only have the end pages to go, for which we rely on our CEO to provide.

Wrote a haiku - about the rather thoughtless words of one of last night's dinner guests, which really struck me down (though I was I hope too socially aware to show it) - it's driven it a little out of my system, but still rankles. Also did a poem on the contrasting way Lord H and I use words and uploaded that one to the Writewords site (http://www.writewords.org.uk). Have already received one positive comment, so that's made me feel better.

This afternoon, we saw "Arms and the Man" by Shaw at Guildford - great play. Very witty and deep. I loved it. Being myself an "incurable romantic" though, I could have done with at least one good kiss before the main character exits with his last wonderful line. Ah well. While in town, have also restocked my book supply which was getting dangerously low. Such horrors always make me twitchy.

Anne Brooke
http://www.annebrooke.com

No comments: