Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Freshers' Week Day Two

Ah, the hell of the Library registration. I did two sessions today of covering our small Student Care Services stall - one in the morning and one in the afternoon - and I really don't like doing it. I'm not a people person. So I put on my plastic smile (which is rather worn out really) and tried not to make too much eye contact. Doing this sort of stuff only confirms that I'm a back-room girl, through and through. Damn shame I have another session of this tomorrow. Curses. Still, the one good thing is that I've found out how to make the wretched DVD and a PowerPoint presentation work on the plasma screen. I am now technologically empowered. Hurrah.

Thank the Lord for my lunchtime reflexology session. Bliss as usual and I drifted off to sleep a couple of times. Afterwards I felt quite balanced. For a while ...

And the DVD story continues ... this morning, we had one session where the bloody thing wouldn't work in a room and one session where the students forgot to turn up. Apparently they might turn up on Friday, but who knows?

The one good thing about today was coming home to Lord H - such a relief. It's the best part of my day. Ooh, and my publishers (http://www.flamebooks.com) have contacted me again - so hope springs up once more. It was only to do with holidays and publicity though, damn it - when what I really want to know about is publication dates and finishing the editing. Maybe one day they'll let me know - in the meantime, we plod on ...

Today's nice things:

1. Getting the working day over with
2. Coming home to Lord H
3. Flame contacting me.

Anne Brooke
http://www.annebrooke.com
http://www.goldenford.co.uk

No comments: