Sunday, May 26, 2013

A Dangerous Knowledge

Book News:

Literary gay erotic story The Beginning of Knowledge is now available at Amazon US, Amazon UK and All Romance Ebooks. It also gained a review this week at Brief Encounter Reviews who say:

"This isn't a romance. The sex is not tender and romantic; it's bloody and violent with a strong dose of self loathing from Alan. It is, however, very well written and, as a study of Alan, torn between desire and reason, it's well worth reading."

Many thanks to Jen for those comments.




Not to be outdone, the paperback collection of the whole Delaneys series, The Dangerous Delaneys and Me, is now available at Amazon US.

Meanwhile, gay comic romance Who Moved My Holepunch? gained a 4.5 star review at Reviews by Jessewave who says:

"I particularly liked the warmth and kindness that both men show throughout the story; this infuses the hot sex with individuality, which of course makes it even more effective. As I read this book I just found myself continually smiling and it left me feeling both amused and nicely content."

The book also gained a 4 star review at Goodreads, so many thanks to all commenters for your thoughts on this story.

Gay thriller Maloney's Law received a 4-star review at Mrs Condit Reviews, and says:

"This book is disturbing on many levels. What has happened to Paul in the past, what happens to him in the present, and what will happen to him in the future are all brought to light in a tale of life, death, blackmail, murder, corruption and so much more. It's a good read."

Ooh and my comic short story about love in a dictionary, Candy and Catharsis, gained a 4-star review at Goodreads, so I'm thrilled about that.

Finally in this section, over at the UK GLBTQ Conference 2013 blog, you can find out all about my secret liaison with Dr Who and if I do really wear a teapot on my head. Enjoy!


Life News:

It was a great relief this week to see the House of Commons pass the proposed Gay Marriage bill - phew, that's a result! It was the highlight of my week, I must say. I can only hope the House of Lords shows the same common sense, justice and equality, but I can't say I'm hugely confident in that respect. Oh well, time will tell, eh. In the meantime, I thoroughly enjoyed the speech of Mike Freer MP which is well worth a listen.

The blog setting out the 31 Arguments Against Gay Marriage (and how to destroy them) is also spot on and very wonderful indeed. It was bliss to read.

This week, I was finally well enough (hurrah!) to go and see Star Trek Into Darkness - in my stylish 3D glasses, naturally. My dears, we loved it. A brilliant film, I've already pre-ordered the DVD and I can't wait for the next one.

My attempt at cake baking this week was Whisky and Sultana Cupcakes. They turned out a bit messy, but very tasty indeed. And I had the added joy of having (ah, it's a hard life ...) to lick out the whisky icing bowl at 10 in the morning. Really, it's the only way to start the day.

For most of today, K and I have been busy in the garden, planting up yet more flowers, including rudbeckias, zinnias and whatever else needing getting into the soil, really. Only the dahlias and nicotine plants, and a few bits and bobs, to go now. And what a glorious day it's been - couldn't have asked for better weather.

All this sun has meant our azalea has burst into life, and the earliest of our three rhododendrons isn't doing too badly either. What with that and the fact that the horses (with the foals from last year) have arrived for their summer in the field behind the garden and it's pretty damn idyllic right now.














Anne Brooke
Gay Reads UK
Biblical Fiction UK
Lori Olding Children's Author

No comments: