Sunday, July 20, 2008

Books galore and the Bad Wife

Much to my joy, Maloney's Law is now up on the PD Publishing website and includes the whole of the first chapter for your delectation - you can read it here. Go on, you know you want to ... And though I say it myself and probably shouldn't (but, hell, when has that ever stopped this ego-obsessed author??), it's a damn good first chapter. Enjoy.

I had carved out today as a reading and chilling day, with a touch of The Golf Open, but in the event I've spent a large proportion of my daylight hours formatting and uploading my out-of-print poetry collection, A Stranger's Table, onto Lulu UK. You can find it here. It was first published last year, but I've taken it on myself now. I'm waiting for my proof copy to be sent and then I'm signing up for their distribution package which gets it onto Amazon UK and US. Or so I'm told. It was something of a struggle to work it out, but their live online support is pretty quick and there are other options if one thing doesn't work. My theory is that once I've worked this one out as a guinea-pig (albeit a guinea-pig with some sock-it-to-you-and-don't-spare-the-sauce poems in it), the others I'm planning to upload will be easier. Famous last words, eh ... Brooke Publications, here I come. Ho ho.

Anyway, due to all this OCD/borderline dyspraxic focus, I have not been a Good Wife and made the plum and nectarine crumble I was hoping to. Sigh. Lord H is being noble and not mentioning it - though his eyes are enormously wide. Hell there's always next week, eh.

Tonight, I'm going to slump like a sponge cake that's seen better days (which is a look that soooo me, dahlings ...) in front of Midsomer Murders. Oh, and I'd better ring Mother and try to sound like my life is relatively normal. Hmm, could be tricky. And I've got another photograph to upload from my camera which I took at Glyndebourne yesterday. Maybe I'll leave it till tomorrow when I've feeling stronger though. Hell, maybe next weekend then! Again.

This week's haiku:

Poetic advice:
never trust a haiku -
when the beats are wrong.

That should keep you guessing - and counting - for a couple of seconds at least! Have a great evening, all.

Today's nice things:

1. Maloney being on PD, plus its first chapter
2. Getting A Stranger's Table on Lulu UK - with more to come
3. TV.

Anne Brooke
Anne's website

2 comments:

litlove said...

Hi Anne! I shall certainly follow your link to read your first chapter. And I agree the crumble can wait until another day - it will then have the virtue of surprise to be added to all its other virtues. Your plan for the evening made me laugh a lot - sounds a lot like one of mine!

Anne Brooke said...

Ooh hello, LL - we can be sponge cakes together in front of Midsomer! And hope you enjoy Maloney Chapter One.

:))

A
xxx