Sunday, July 06, 2008

Church, Bones and the first hints of Maloney

Managed to get ourselves to church this morning and actually it was okay. Though I did start singing the third hymn in the tune I knew with great gusto, only to realise that everyone else, including the organist, was using an entirely different tune. Ah well, I never did like going along with the crowd, you know. I managed to u-turn gently into the correct tune - or a passable resemblance of it - by the second verse, so I can only hope they didn't notice the join. Hmm, some hope eh.

For the rest of the day I've been typing away on The Bones of Summer and have now nailed that extra chapter with the key scene with Craig's father's church, hurrah! I feel really happy about it too. So I'm about a third of the way through the edit and am even looking forward to tackling the rest.

In the midst of all this, we did make time to watch yesterday's episode of "Dr Who" - fabulous. And very fitting. It will be interesting (spoiler alert if you haven't watched it!) to see who the new companion will be. But I can't believe they're not giving us a full series till 2010. Ridiculous! Specials just aren't the same, though obviously always welcome.

And, much to my surprise, I see that the first trickles of Maloney's Law can now be found on Amazon.com. Well, gosh! I've worked out that the US dollars price for this astonishing and desirable work of literature is about £8.00 so not bad at all, I feel. No picture or synopsis yet, but hey it's a start. And it's nice to be out there somewhere, however tenuously.

Tonight, Lord H and I will be watching "Midsomer Murders" - a perfect end to a Sunday indeed. And I've written two haikus this week, so here they are:

Sunflowers salute:
my yellow-hatted soldiers
captured by a vase.


Fingernail moon
scratches at sky, tears away
cloud-skin fragility.


Today's nice things:

1. Church
2. Writing another chapter of Bones
3. Seeing Maloney on Amazon.com
4. TV.

Anne Brooke
Anne's website

No comments: