Friday, February 08, 2008

Exhausted of Godalming ...

... again. M'dears, I just can't take the pace. Decided to cancel golf today to focus on the editing lark, but to be honest it's been very slow. I love the scene I'm working on - another with the gorgeous Annyeke - and at least I know what it's going to be and what needs to be included. But slow, so slow. The inspiration is there (possibly) but the fingers are weak.

I did manage to drag myself to Sainsbury's and treat myself to sushi for lunch. I love sushi. Especially the salmon and the ginger strips. Mmm ... I've also remembered to wrap up Lord H's presents for his birthday tomorrow (hurrah!). So not too much of a last-minute panic there, thank the Lord.

This afternoon, I was so tired, I absolutely had to stop at 3pm and have a 1.5 hour nap. Bliss. There's nothing like being curled up on the sofa with my cuddly toy lamb and my fluffy pink dressing-gown. Hey, sometimes I can actually be a girl. Anyway, I feel slightly more energised now, so may even add some more to The Gifting before the day is over. You never know.

Oh and in the midst of all this rampant laziness, I have managed to get new business cards and flyers ordered with the Thorn in the Flesh information on. As well as sending a fact sheet to Waterstone's in Godalming about the book. Apparently they have a new crime buyer there (how exciting - a crime buyer just for Godalming. My, we are a rough lot ...) who is considering whether to stock or not. I suspect that's a "no" and we'll hear no more. Alas, the nice lady who used to be really keen on Goldenford has gone to New Zealand. Is it just me or are the bookshop avenues gradually drying up for this very small publisher and z-list author? Ah well.

Today's nice things:

1. Editing (well, the small bit actually done!)
2. Napping
3. Getting the presents wrapped.

Anne Brooke
Anne's website
Goldenford Publishers

No comments: