Monday, August 10, 2009

Reviews, meetings and prescriptions

I’m delighted to say that Maloney’s Law has been given a very positive review by Val Kovalin at Obsidian Bookshelf – so thank you very much, Val, for that. So glad you enjoyed the read! I’m also happy to say that Ruth at work seems to have enjoyed The Bones of Summer – so thanks for reading, Ruth.

Meanwhile here’s this morning’s poem:

Meditation 195

The power of politics
to subdue, condemn

shows to the fallen
the danger of men.

The power of politics
to condemn, subdue

is never a threat
until it condemns you.


Today, I’ve been rushing around sorting out the emails I’ve gained at the end of last week – it’s beginning to hot up now with term starting in less than two months … And I’ve had to face a meeting of the Project Welcome Forum, plus another with the Health Centre people. I was steeling my resolve for a third but thankfully that’s been rescheduled until tomorrow. Phew. It might give me time to catch my breath and start writing up the dang things.

Tonight, I need to pick up my HRT prescription before the pills run out (arrggh!) and if I get time I might also pop in on Gladys. I have a whole new birdseed bag to start. Ooh, and there’s a new series of Would I Lie To You on TV, which I love. David Mitchell is so fabulous.

Today’s nice things:

1. The Maloney’s Law review
2. Ruth enjoying The Bones of Summer
3. Poetry
4. Having a meeting rescheduled, hurrah
5. TV.

Anne Brooke – climbing a mountain of paperwork with a merry song, ho ho
Vulpes Libris – meditating on the miracle of wealth

No comments: