Monday, August 24, 2009

Reflexology and editing

Goodness me, here we are again at Monday. How these summer weeks just fly by. Anyway, here’s today’s poem:

Meditation 206

The whole water
is empty of life

and the air
is as silent

as the hills.
Night has folded us in

like the promise
of death

and when the morning
finally softens the sky

all I have
is nothing

and all I see is how
at the water’s edge

he waits for me.


Have spent the day continuing to sort out details for the upcoming Freshers’ Week. I really need to get together a reference book for our information points staff, but I’m not quite clear on where the information actually is. Still, that’s never stopped me in the past, so I’m almost sure I’ll be able to whip up something that looks meaningful. Famous last words, eh. I’ve also had a fun time rejigging the Health Centre website ready for the new influx of students and arranging another tranche of meetings for next year. My, how it makes me laugh when people say that because I work in education my summers must be easier. Ho ho.

So, with all that, I thoroughly enjoyed my lunchtime reflexology appointment – soooo relaxing. Plus I’ve booked some more to get me through the autumn, hurrah.

Tonight, I’m intending to look a little closer at the Hallsfoot’s Battle edit, with the reward of Would I Lie To You? on TV later. As a sop to my existential pain of course. Wonderful.

Today’s nice things:

1. Poetry
2. Reflexology
3. Editing
4. TV.

Anne Brooke – feeling the benefits of the foot rub
Maloney’s Law: a man who could really have done with a little reflexology to get him through …

2 comments:

Nik Perring said...

Hope the editing goes well!

Anne Brooke said...

Thanks, Nik - beginning to settle into it a bit more now!

:))

Axxx