Monday, July 14, 2008

Meetings, editing and this week’s heroine

Have been running around this morning trying to sort out our approach to our Steering Group lunchtime meeting now that none of my key people seem to be coming, sigh. Is it something I said? Ah well, we’ll struggle on regardless, and hey at least we’ll have lots of university sandwiches to eat up. Hmm, maybe that’s not such a good thing after all. Time will tell. At least it’ll take my mind off the fact that I actually have to say something during the meeting – groan, moan. How I hate doing that! Frankly, m’dears, I have no opinions and certainly none worth saying. So, this afternoon, I struggled to put the pages of notes I took during the meeting into order and tried to drum up enthusiasm for the task. Ye gods, I think I am experiencing my mid-month lull already, double sigh – so am constitutionally unable to get to grips with anything. Same old, then ...

Neither have we quite got to grips with who this week’s office heroes are going to be – except I do know that my heroine of the week will be Boadicea, or Boudicca to her friends. Am I spelling any of that correctly? Oh well, never mind. Just as long as I can have a kick-ass heroine of my very own, then I have a role model to follow. Spelling things correctly is so last year, you know.

Mind you, having just solved Ruth G’s html coding problem on the Chaplaincy website, I am now a true super-web-heroine and will probably be adding myself to the list, aha! Lordy, but once again my innate modesty comes into its own.

Tonight, I will pop in and refresh Gladys’ birdseed and see how she is. And then I really have to get beyond Chapter 20 of The Bones of Summer edit or I may well be stuck there forever. In some kind of literary purgatory. I keep telling myself: only seven chapters to look at and then I can go through it all over again … But I still feel strangely marooned.

At least there’s “New Tricks” to look forward to on TV. Nothing like a comic old murder case and three equally old lags to perk you up at the start of the week. And I do so love Amanda Redman – another heroine maybe?

Today’s nice things:

1. Heroes of the week, including me!
2. Editing
3. TV.

Anne Brooke
Anne's website

No comments: