Tuesday, August 29, 2006

First day back, plus Kinesiology

Groan. First day back at work - a fact which always knocks me back into quasi-suicidal gloom. Worse than ever today - as, instead of the gently sailing day I hoped to have, I was rocketed merrily into various marketing projects, one a very large one I appear to have to lead. I hate - absolutely hate - being in charge of anything. I'd rather provide support any day. People - if I'd wanted a managerial post, don't you think I'd have got one by now? Double groan. And how I hate marketing - it's so itsy-bitsy and never makes any sense to me. Do I look as if I'm bothered by leaflets and what colour and text they should have? Does my face look bothered? No, it does not. Sigh. Still, I'll have to get my work face on properly by tomorrow or the boss will start to worry. Sometimes, m'dears, it's nothing more than one big act.

Still, thank God for lunchtime reflexology, which raised the mood levels considerably - even though I was so jazzed up by then it was almost impossible to relax. After work, I had another session with my kinesiologist (http://www.kinesiology4health.com) - I'm onto another Bach flower remedy, which will - we hope - help to bring back my sense of joy in life and enable me to be less harsh on myself. God, I need to know how to do both of those - real-time! I'm also going to try to listen to my own inner voice and not be so regimented about stuff. Ye gods, if I succeed at even 10% at that, it will be a blessed relief to us all. Roll on a new chilled-out me. One day, eh?

Today's three nice things:

1. Reflexology
2. Kinesiology
3. Getting the first day back over with!

Anne Brooke
http://www.annebrooke.com
http://www.goldenford.co.uk

No comments: