Sunday, August 20, 2006

Avoiding church

A nice lie-in this morning. Lord H nobly took on my sacristan duties for me - partly because he was also acting as server today. A week off from church is always much appreciated. I don't really feel very guilty either, which is great. I feel at the moment as if I'm between deciding (a) not to go anywhere at all, at least for a while, and (b) considering going somewhere else in the future, or maybe even just dropping into my home church every now and then. Monthly seems good to me right now. We'll see. I so wish there could be another way of connecting with God. I want to be there so much sometimes, but it seems an impossible place to get to. How I wish the people at Spirited Exchanges (http://www.spiritedexchanges.co.uk) would make good on their promise to email me with a list of local groups. I'm beginning to feel somewhere near desperate.

Spent the morning and some of the afternoon catching up on my Star Trek recordings of yesterday (a double bill - bliss!) and the unmissable "How do You Solve a Problem like Maria?" To my mind, Connie is far and away the one to do it. Top-notch singing and acting. What more can you want? She get my vote!

A lazy evening beckons, though I'll probably have to ring Mum at some point. Best put on my Normal Daughter Hat again then. Goodness, how much that doesn't suit me these days ...

This week's haiku is:

At the village fete
the sculptor carves a heron.
Stepfather stands rapt.

And today's three nice things are:

1. Not going to church
2. Watching Star Trek & Maria
3. Finishing off yesterday's wine.

Anne Brooke
http://www.annebrooke.com
http://www.goldenford.co.uk

No comments: