Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Scratchy throats, too many minutes and a lone fan

Apologies for this appallingly brief blog. I’m still not very well today and the throat is rumbling, so I mooched around the flat for a while before going to work without doing anything remotely holy. Which is probably something of a relief for God, to be honest. No doubt he has enough on his plate just now.

At work, I struggled away with the confusion of the minutes from yesterday. I think the words are possibly in the right order, but the sense of the plot eludes me. As usual, eh. And I’ve arranged another tranche of meetings up until December – ah it’s always good to have some sort of purpose in life. So they tell me. Meanwhile, I’ve started on the Lucozade so I’ll soon be ultra-hyper and my teeth will go orange. Always good to have something to look forward to is what I say.

Tonight, I was supposed to be popping into see Gladys, but thought it was probably better not to infect the poor thing. So I left work early and am drooping at home instead. If drooping and snorting a lot (hey, I can multi-task!) were an Olympic sport, I’d be laughing. Ho ho.

Ooh, but I have discovered that I have one fan on the Goodreads site – what joy! I’ve never had a fan before. Certainly not an official one anyway. Perhaps I should start a small but select club? Or perhaps not – after all, we Brooke readers are a strange and shadowy bunch … Adorable, though. Talking of which, the lovely Nancy has given A Dangerous Man a five-star review on Goodreads and recommended it to another reader, so thank you hugely for that once more, Nancy! You can find the thread here.

Today’s nice things:

1. Getting the minutes done, if not necessarily dusted
2. Having a fan, well gosh
3. Being at home
4. A five-star Goodreads review for ADM.

Anne Brooke
Anne's website - multi-tasking for Britain ...

4 comments:

Tania Hershman said...

So sorry you're not feeling well, but congrats on the fan, you have many more than one!

Anne Brooke said...

Thanks, Tania! And you have thousands, my dear - including people from my book group who didn't even like short stories before they read yours! Now that's class ...

:))

Axxx

Anonymous said...

Hi Anne, I'm a fan, but you know that. Get well soon my dear, and take some vitamins. :)

Anne Brooke said...

Ooh, thanks, Val - a very very rough night (groan) so I'm popping vitamins as if they're going out of business!

Love & hugs to you

Axxx