Friday, March 20, 2009

Maloney: the movie

Gosh. What a day. I have been Busy (with a capital B). Just in case you haven't managed to catch it yet (how can that be??! It's in the post below ...!), here's a link to Maloney: the movie. Grab a chair, get a handful of popcorn and enjoy ... I had great fun doing it and, in case anyone's asking, I am now a Mac i-movie expert. Don't all rush at once!... And while I have your ear (if only virtually) and in time-honoured fashion I'd like to thank ... Caroline Rance for the advice (again!), Marx Gombac, Zdeslav Schreiber, Christopher Brown, Charlotte Na and Rodolfo Clix (in order of appearance) for the pictures, and Kevin MacLeod for the music. Which is a tune called Killing Time - bizarrely ideal for time/date obsessed Maloney and for a crime novel - and also the first piece of music I listened to when researching this project. Well, gosh.

This morning I also had time to write a meditation poem, somewhat tongue-in-cheek:

Meditation 95

Being a redhead myself,
I’m rather disturbed
by the fact

that a red cow
has to be sacrificed
to purify the people.

Not all the cedar wood,
hyssop and scented water
is going to change

my long-held opinion
that we Titian beauties
are always much better

alive.

And I've also written a poem about struggling to write a poem. Thankfully it was short. Any longer and I might have disappeared entirely up my own bottom, never to be seen again. Which of course could be a good thing, depending on your point of view. Ho hum.

Also this morning, I've played golf with Marian as usual - which turned out to be a game of eight-ninths and a ninth. As it were. I was doing fairly well and on line for a respectable victory and a secret smug smile - until the last hole, where I somehow managed to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory, dammit. Only I can take eight shots to finish a par three hole, and get into the bunker that nobody ever goes into as well. Groaning and gnashing of teeth. If only internally, of course. In fact I was so ruddy irritated that I tore up my scorecard when I got home and stomped around the flat for a bit. Thus proving beyond all reasonable doubt (was there ever any??) that I am a Bad Person and a Poor Loser (caps deliberate). Ah well ... I'll try to look upon it as an emotional learning curve and cheer myself up with some Turkish Delight. Oh I could eat it whilst watching my Maloney Movie (did I mention that already?...).

This afternoon, I have attempted to stop my frenetic pace for half an hour at my Alexander Technique lesson. I'm sure I'm taller at the end of it, you know. And I've also added a few words to Hallsfoot's Battle, which just scrapes me into the 102,000 word zone. Only just, mind you. It's not my usual output. But I've been busy, you know.

Today's nice things:

1. The Maloney movie
2. Poetry
3. Golf (well, most of it!)
4. Alexander Technique
5. Adding a little more to Hallsfoot.

Anne Brooke
Anne's website - the place for all your film requirements ...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Anne, I love your book trailer! Very professional and inticing and I think the music you've chosen is brilliant. :)

Anne Brooke said...

Ooh, thanks, Val! Yes, I'm so happy to have found that music!

:))

Axxx

Anonymous said...

Okay, it's official, I must stop writing blog comments before bed. please replace the 'i' in that word, with an 'e'. It should read Entice not Intice. I MUST be getting old. I'm going to buy you book now, simply because you've left me no choice but to be a fan. :)

Anne Brooke said...

Actually, I like intice - it's like inspire but different. Please can I leave it in?!?

Ooh, and thanks for buying too - that's hugely appreciated indeed! I hope you enjoy the full Maloney experience.

:))

Axxx