Friday, March 02, 2007

On retreat and Flame reviews

Had a fairly logical packing session last night for the retreat I'm on this weekend at Emmaus House (http://www.emmaushouse.org.uk). I'm doing the second Enneagram course focusing on relationships. So, by the time I come back, I'm hoping that Lord H, my three imaginary menfolk and I will all be living in perfect harmony. Still, we don't do so badly at the moment, all things considered and at least no-one's turned up in a white coat. Yet.

And Lord H has finished "A Dangerous Man" (http://www.flamebooks.com)!!! I think he enjoyed it. He did say it was very terrifying, but not quite as terrifying as realising he had a wife who could get inside the head of a gay male prostitute with a proclivity for violence. I'm not sure it was the deal he signed up for! Still, he was smiling when he said it (whilst backing away and phoning the police for help ...). He'll no doubt be glad to get back to the relative normality of his theology essay this weekend while I'm away. And he did say I mustn't worry that his chosen topic is the ethics of divorce ... I can see I'm going to have to come back and be extra nice and loving! Goodness, what a strain ...

Ooh, and Flame Books have added a couple of the reviews I've had to their review section (http://www.flamebooks.com/books.asp?sectionId=3) which is nice. Almost makes me feel like a real writer. Someone pass me the smelling salts.

This morning, I have shopped wildly for birthday cards in Godalming (why is everyone's birthdays in March - or at least everyone I know?) and think I've found suitable pictures for all. And I popped round a set of books to Jennifer of Goldenford (http://www.goldenford.co.uk) for the market on Tuesday. Now all I have to do is have lunch and go to Bristol. God, how I hate travelling to strange places on my own. I really hope (a) my petrol isn't contaminated and will actually get me there, (b) I can find the place all right without stopping and having to burst into tears & ring Lord H. I can see I'm going to have to take a calming pill before I set off. God, I must be a woman after all ...

Back Sunday. Have a great weekend, all.

Today's nice things:

1. Lord H surviving ADM!
2. The reviews now being on Flame
3. Starting the retreat - once I get there ...

Anne Brooke
http://www.annebrooke.com

3 comments:

Jackie Luben said...

Have a good retreat, Anne.

Anonymous said...

Hope the retreat goes well.

Like your new picture on MySpace by the way.

Sue xx

Anne Brooke said...

Thanks, Jackie & Sue - yes the retreat was very good - a lot to think about/ponder on for sure.

And glad you like the new pic, Sue!

:))

A
xxx