Saturday, March 10, 2007

Cleaning, Gifting and exploding nuts

A fairly lazy lie-in today, followed by a wild bout of cleaning. With Lord H helping, even though he was supposed to be getting on with his theology presentation for Monday. Still, I didn't complain too much, eh! And the flat is now the cleanest it's been for a while. I even moved piles to dust underneath them - my grandmother would be proud ...

Afterwards, I had a brief yen to tackle the ironing, but instead got sidetracked into adding more to "The Gifting", which I hope to type up tomorrow. It was slow at first, but then I seemed to get into it more, which was reassuring. Still, I do seem to have had an attack of the "buzz words" at the moment - I can't stop typing "hands", "fling" and "a little". Make of that what you will. Oh, and I've also tacked a tanka (5 line Japanese verse) for an upcoming Writers' News (http://www.writersnews.co.uk) competition. I do admit to cheating - I took this week's haiku, fiddled it and added two lines. There, you see; I told you I had no artistic morals. So I've uploaded it to the Writewords (http://www.writewords.org.uk) site for comment and will see what they say.

After all that excitement, I had a glorious two-hour nap, followed by the decision that I really can't finish DBC Pierre's "Ludmila's Broken English" in spite of the glorious language. Unlike his previous effort ("Vernon God Little"), I just don't care enough about any of the characters. It's strange how cold and distant they feel, in spite of the exciting words/phrases he uses. A triumph of style over passion perhaps? I don't know.

Lord H and I had tentatively decided to go to the pub at the bottom of the road tonight, but actually neither of us can be arsed. So he's gone to the shops to (a) get a break from theology and dull Village Hall Committee stuff, and (b) get a Chinese. In the meantime, I've put a couple of beers in the fridge, and attempted to open some nuts, which have exploded all over our newly cleaned kitchen. Damn it. As he wasn't here and will never know, I have picked them up and put them back in the bag. For God's sake, never tell him! He hates that kind of thing ... But, hey, the kitchen was clean; it'll be fine!

Tonight, there's "Primeval" on TV (bliss), and I really have to do that ironing. Sigh.

Today's nice things:

1. Doing more to "The Gifting"
2. Getting the tanka done
3. Napping.

Anne Brooke
http://www.annebrooke.com
http://www.goldenford.co.uk

4 comments:

Lover of Books, Films and Good Coffee Shops Everywhere! said...

Your nut secret is safe with us!

Sue and Peter

Anne Brooke said...

Phew!!

==:O

A
xxx

Robin said...

Sounds like a relaxing day...(except for the nut portion).

Anne Brooke said...

Very true, Robin!

:))

A
xxx