Tuesday, January 02, 2007

First day back

Much better than expected. Not as many emails to sort out from the holiday period as I’d feared and no phone messages. Bliss! Did a lot of chatting with those in the office today (the boss doesn’t come back until next week …) and took down the Christmas tree and decorations. Have decided to book myself into the new UniSport back strengthening course which starts later in January – I’ll find my ruddy inner core if it kills me.

And there’s fame at last for my office fluffy pen selection – my picture of what my world looked like at 5pm one day last December has now finally been uploaded onto the Radio 4 Window on Your World site and can be found here: http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio4/news/pm/galleries/901/63/#gallery901

The other six zillion photos are fun to browse through too, but I think I win on the sad git factor.

I’ve also spent time filling in my work online calendar with the stuff already in my new paper 2007 diary. There are things in there up until September now so the year will happen after all, thank God. Control freaks of the world unite … And last of all, I’m thinking about our March holiday – I think Sardinia might be the one – I got very excited about http://www.justsardinia.co.uk as it seemed to be the one tour operator that actually allows people to have a March holiday. All the other mainstream names seem to think that the year starts in April or, if it doesn’t, then they want to send us to Dubai or Tenerife. Thanks, and one day I suspect I’d probably like to go to Dubai, but the idea of Sardinia is more attractive right now.

This afternoon, we had a team effort focusing on the regular Let’s Untangle the Window Blind Cords crisis. This involved three people, a window hook and a lot of tugging. Goodness know how the cords got like that in the first place – it must have been one hell of a Christmas party. But we are now free and ready for all eventualities over the coming month. At least in terms of seeing the outside world. Phew.

Tonight, I am intending to do more slumping – the emotional rollercoaster of having to go back to work is really more than enough for one day – but I will try to watch the News later on. As per my resolution.

Today’s nice things:

1. Seeing my office photo on the Web
2. Looking at Sardinia
3. Slumping.

Anne Brooke
http://www.annebrooke.com
http://www.goldenford.co.uk

2 comments:

Jackie Luben said...

Glad to know you've had a good rest and work's not too bad.

Jackie

Anne Brooke said...

Thanks, Jackie!

A
xxx