Saturday, June 13, 2009

Fan pages, birds and holidays

Was more than slightly puzzled by today's bible reading but here's my tongue-in-cheek take on it:

Meditation 151

Escaped sheep,
tired donkeys, lost clothes
are not to be ignored.

Given time
and enough carelessness
by others

you could probably start
your own noisy, raggle-taggle business
from them.

I've also written a poem about weaponry, scars and healing (as you do), which I like better. I shall have to think about where to send it at some point, and whether it might have any accompanying friends. You never know.

Talking of friends, I have bravely (and possibly foolishly) set up a Facebook Fan Page for ... um ... myself, thus proving beyond all doubt that I am indeed the most self-obsessed of writers. Well, I suppose we already knew that really. Anyway, twelve kindly people have taken pity on me and joined it, and I am hugely grateful to you all. Thank you. Anyone else who wants to join the Crazed World of Anne will of course be more than welcome, and I make a damn good cup of tea too.

This morning, Lord H and I have taken advantage of the better weather and have walked round Linchmere Common and spotted a pair of woodpeckers, various tit families and the usual scattering of blackcaps. On the way home, we also did the Heath Trail at Thursley Common which was its tranquil and lovely self. Thankfully, without the tiger that strangely appears in the previous link picture on the right. Now that would have been scary. Whilst there we were lucky enough to watch a hobby hunting for insects, and a pair of stonechats. Wonderful. Plus we spotted a brimstone butterfly and huge numbers of dragonflies and damselflies. Thursley really comes into it own during the summer months.

This afternoon, I've been working on my ongoing short story and think I now roughly have an idea how it will end up and what the path might be in getting there, so that's a relief. Double phew and all that. Though it might turn out to be longer than I originally thought. Ah well. And, later on, I really must pack for our holidays as we're off tomorrow, hurrah!

Tonight I might get time to watch yesterday's poetry programme, but it depends on how long it takes me to get my life into a suitcase really (don't wait up then ...). Oh and as I'm out for a few days, here's this week's (rather religious) haiku early:

God sticks to your skin.
You hold his song in your head,
carry him always.

So, as we're going to be here in North Wales and puffin spotting (double hurrah!) until late Thursday, I hope you all have a wonderful week, and I'll catch up with you later.

Today's nice things:

1. Poetry
2. My Facebook fan page
3. Birds
4. Butterflies
5. Short story writing
6. TV
7. Haikus
8. Holidays!

Anne Brooke - looking forward to puffin, rather than nuffin ...

3 comments:

Jilly said...

Have a good holiday

litlove said...

I'm catching up as ever, Anne, but just to say have a wonderful holiday. I'm so jealous - I really wish I were going away at the moment! Hope you see the Puffins and enjoy some lovely weather.

Anne Brooke said...

Thanks, Jilly & LL - it was great! And we saw the puffins, hurrah! (Book that holiday now, LL ...)

:))

Axxx