Monday, November 26, 2012

Life beyond the church

Thankfully (see the blog below this one), there were other things beyond the traumas associated with the Church of England that have happened in the last week, and here, in no particular order, is a brief round-up of them:

1. The Heart's Greater Silence gained a 5-star review at Goodreads, and a 5-star review at Amazon US.

2. Martin and The Wolf gained a 5-star review at Goodreads.

3. The Delaneys At Home gained a 4-star review at Goodreads.

4. Not A Shred of Evidence was briefly at No 48 in the Amazon UK Business Humour rankings.

5. The Betrayal of Birds was briefly at No 84 in the Amazon UK historical religious rankings.

6. I made a Victoria sponge cake, go me!

7. I enjoyed a lovely afternoon with L & R at Wisley Craft Fair and bought two beautiful pictures and a nice bag of chocolates. Bliss.

8. I became a Winner (hurrah!) in the National Novel Writing Month, and am now at c 58,000 words. I hope to make it to 60k by the end of the week, and I have 9 scenes to go.

9. Sadly, the Ugandan Anti-Homosexuality Bill looks set to be made law, which is horrific. I can only draw your attention to the Petition, which I urge you to sign, if you've not done so already.

10. The Origami Nun is being sold at a good discount at Amazon UK and Amazon US for today only.

11. All my books are half-price at Untreed Reads, also only for today.

12. All my books are also half-price at All Romance Ebooks for today.

Thank you.

Anne Brooke
Gay Reads UK
Biblical Fiction UK
The Gathandrian Fantasy Trilogy
Lori Olding Children's Author

No comments: