Thursday, September 06, 2012

The Gifting Book Tour Day Nine: writing about writers

It had to happen one day, didn't it? When I started writing over twelve years ago now, I promised myself I'd never write about writers, as that was just odd and somehow incestuous, and I've been rather snooty about those who do ... Those of you who've read The Gifting will know that my main character, Simon Hartstongue, is a scribe, so with the Gathandrian Trilogy, I've had to eat my own words, along with a huge slice of humble pie. I'd best keep my big mouth shut and my preconceived ideas to myself next time, eh ...

Anyway, it's Day Nine of my book tour, and if you visit Christine Young's site, you can find out more about why I didn't follow my own writerly advice and exactly how that's changed the way I write. Don't forget to leave a comment to enter the free ebook giveaway, and there's a Kindle to be won too. Good luck!

Anne Brooke
The Gathandrian Trilogy

No comments: